Quinoa is a great wheat free alternative to starchy grains and it’s slightly nutty flavour goes so well with the fresh zingy flavours of this gluten free salad. Quinoa is not a grass, but rather a pseudocerealbotanically relative to spinach and amaranth and originated in the Andean region of northwestern South America. If this appeals why not have a look at our Moroccan vegetable couscous.
- 250g of cooked quinoa (or 1 packet of red and white quinoa 250g)
- 70g feta cheese
- Olives in brine
- 200g cherry tomatoes chopped
- 150g cucumber chopped
- 160g red pepper deseeded and chopped
- Small bunch of fresh mint chopped
- 1 Lemon to squeeze
- 2tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Microwave quinoa according to the instructions on the packet.
- Add to a bowl along with the chopped tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, olives and mint.
- Crumble over the feta
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice and drizzle over the extra virgin olive oil.
- The greek quinoa salad is ready to be eaten. treat yourself by adding a pitta bread.