Share The Benefits Of Extra Virgin Olive Oil This St Patrick’s Day
Updated 6th February 2023
As well as being a great chance to celebrate with friends and family, St Patrick’s Day is the perfect excuse to try out some healthy recipes with extra virgin olive oil.
With extra virgin olive oil, you can create traditional Irish recipes or even mix it up and make some unique dishes that everyone can enjoy! From appetizers to desserts and beyond, extra virgin olive oil is the perfect partner for adding extra flavor to your St Patrick’s Day menu.
Impress your guests by adding the health benefits of extra virgin olive oil to savory dishes such as Shepherd’s Pie or Boxty, sweet treats like Irish Apple Cake or Potato Fondant, and festive drinks that everyone can toast with. And don’t forget, extra virgin olive oil makes a delicious dressing for salads of all kinds. Have fun experimenting this St Patrick’s Day and discover an endless array of recipes made even better with a quality extra virgin olive oil!
Olive Oil Recipe Ideas For St Patrick’s Day
Starting our St Patrick’s Day festivities with Oven Roasted Shamrock Potatoes With Extra Virgin Olive Oil. A simple, healthy and undeniably Irish, these delightful little oven roasted shamrock potatoes from eatingrichly.com are best kept light with a quality extra virgin olive oil for crispiness.
Oven Roasted Shamrock Potatoes With Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 large baking potatoes
- 1 tablespoon Morocco Gold extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel the potatoes then stand them on end and slice into 1/4" planks.
- Use a small shamrock cookie cutter to cut out shamrock shapes from each plank. Leftover potato scraps can be chopped up and roasted for future meals.
- Toss the shamrock potatoes with the Morocco Gold extra virgin olive oil.
- Spread the potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast for about 25 minutes until golden. You can do the final two minutes on broil if you want them to have really crispy outsides.
- Season with the salt to taste.
If you’re looking for some inspiration for this year’s St Patrick’s Day celebrations, we’re here to help with some healthy food recipes using the best of Irish produce and a quality extra virgin olive oil. So gather your friends and family around the table on March 17th to enjoy some seasonal Irish flavours which will taste even richer with a drizzle of Morocco Gold extra virgin olive oil.
So, whether you’re adding extra virgin olive oil to your Shamrock Potatoes or Colcannon, you can be sure that the health benefits will be bountiful. Not only that, but the flavour of a high quality extra virgin olive oil such as Morocco Gold will help to ensure your St Patrick’s Day spread is bursting with flavour too!