Add A Glug Of Extra Virgin Olive Oil To Your Healthy Diet Plan This Year
If you’re looking for some inspiration for this year’s St Patrick’s Day celebrations, we’re here to help with some healthy food recipes using the best of Irish produce and a quality extra virgin olive oil. So gather your friends and family around the table on March 17th to enjoy some seasonal Irish flavours which will taste even riche with a drizzle of Morocco Gold extra virgin olive oil.
Starting our St Patrick’s Day festivities with Oven Roasted Shamrock Potatoes With Extra Virgin Olive Oil. A simple, healthy and undeniably Irish, these delightful little oven roasted shamrock potatoes from eatingrichly.com are best kept light with a quality extra virgin olive oil for crispiness.
Oven Roasted Shamrock Potatoes With Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 large baking potatoes
- 1 tablespoon Morocco Gold extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel the potatoes then stand them on end and slice into 1/4" planks.
- Use a small shamrock cookie cutter to cut out shamrock shapes from each plank. Leftover potato scraps can be chopped up and roasted for future meals.
- Toss the shamrock potatoes with the Morocco Gold extra virgin olive oil.
- Spread the potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast for about 25 minutes until golden. You can do the final two minutes on broil if you want them to have really crispy outsides.
- Season with the salt to taste.