Olive Oil Infused Snacks To Support Your Weight Loss Plan
Trying to lose weight and be healthier doesn’t have to mean getting rid of all the fun snacks that you love. In fact, incorporating healthy ingredients like extra virgin olive oil into your favorite treats is a great way to reduce calories while creating tasty snacks.
Quality Extra Virgin Olive Oils such as Morocco Gold contain essential nutrients such as vitamins A, B complex, D, and E with beneficial antioxidants like polyphenols and fatty acids which can help promote overall health. On top of that, it has been shown in recent studies to aid in weight management when used properly. Read on for some delicious recipes using olive oil that are sure to become part of your daily routine!
This bright and cheerful green hummus recipe from EatingWell is so simple to throw together, with the help of a food processor.
Avocado Hummus With Olive Oil Recipe
- 1 (15 ounce) can no-salt-added chickpeas
- 1 ripe avocado, halved and pitted
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Drain chickpeas, reserving 2 tablespoons of the liquid.
- Transfer the chickpeas and the reserved liquid to a food processor.
- Add avocado, cilantro, tahini, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, cumin and salt.
- Puree until very smooth. Serve with veggie chips, pita chips or crudités.