Like all the best extra virgin olive oils, Morocco Gold is an incredibly versatile cooking product and can add both taste and nutritional quality to meals in a variety of different ways. This includes finishing cooked dishes, dipping with bread and roasting. Some have even been known to drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil over your ice cream to help bring out the flavour and add to the creamy texture!
But one of the best ways to maximise the flavour and health-giving properties of extra virgin olive oil is to add a splash to your chosen vinaigrette and pour generously over your salad.
Avocado Corn Salad: Why is Avocado Good for you?
Avocados, say BBC Good Food, are high in fat with 60 per cent of this being monounsaturated fats, which research suggests helps to protect against heart disease and lower blood pressure. They are also an excellent source of potassium, folate and fibre, all of which benefit the heart and cardiovascular system. Let’s look at the avocado Corn Salad.
Avocado Salad Recipe
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes (halved or quartered).
- 2 tablespoons Morocco Gold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 ears of corn (cooked and cut off the cob).
- 2 avocados (peeled, pitted and sliced)
- ½ red onion (medium thinly sliced)
- ¼ cup cilantro (chopped, ½ small bunch)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (from 1 - 3 limes)
- 2 garlic cloves (pressed or finely minced)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Cut all the ingredients and arrange in a salad bowl.
- Cook the corn and let it cool. Clip corn of the cob and mix into the salad.
- Drizzle Morocco Gold Extra Virgin Olive Oil over avocado corn salad. 3