Welcome The New Year With Fun And Healthy Party Food
Planning party food for the new year? Start the new year as you wish to go on by preparing tasty treats with healthy ingredients like a quality extra virgin olive oil.
There is a whole range of party food recipes that you can make using this flavorful, healthy olive oil as a substitute for other saturated fats. Forget greasy snacks – olive oil is packed with essential fatty acids, antioxidants and vitamins that are great for your health! From easy-to-make savory dishes such as zucchini fries and roasted peppers to sweet treats like fruit salad infused with lemon and honey, you can whip up tasty party food with olive oil in no time! Have fun experimenting with flavors this new year season. Here are some easy and satisfying go-to recipes to get you started.
These baked zucchini fries from Iheartnaptime are loaded with flavor and a crispy parmesan topping. They make the perfect side dish for any meal. Plus, with a splash of extra virgin olive oil to make them nice and crispy, they’re healthy too!
Baked Zucchini Fries Recipe
- 2 medium zucchinis (unpeeled, washed and dried)
- 3 Tablespoons Morocco Gold Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt (more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (more to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil for easy clean up and spray with non-stick spray.
- Remove the ends of the zucchini and then slice in half. Then slice each half into 4-5 wedges. Place onto the baking sheet close together. Drizzle the extra virgin olive oil over the top. Next mix the parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder and pepper into a small bowl. Sprinkle over top of the zucchini. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender, flipping halfway through. When you check on them, use a paper towel to absorb any extra liquid in the pan if needed. Broil for 3 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Remove wedges from the oven and season with more parmesan, herbs, salt and pepper if desired. Enjoy them while they’re hot! These are best served immediately.
Roasted Bell Peppers With Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 medium bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons Morocco Gold extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Diamond Crystal kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with high-heat-resistant parchment paper.*
- Cut the bell peppers into quarters, then seed and trim them.
- Place the bell peppers on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle them with extra virgin olive oil and use your hands to coat them well.
- Sprinkle the peppers with salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, and red pepper flakes.
- Roast until tender and charred in spots, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
Olive Oil Crispy Cakes
- 11 cups (20oz/567g) mini marshmallows, divided*
- 1/3c (75g) Morocco Gold extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 10 cups (12oz) crisp rice cereal
- Generously grease a 13-by-9-inch baking pan with olive oil or cooking spray, or line with parchment paper for easier removal of the treats later.
- Measure out about 2 cups (100g/3.5oz) of mini marshmallows and set aside.
- In a large (5 or 8 qt) heavy-bottomed pot, combine remaining 9 cups mini marshmallows, Morocco Gold extra virgin olive oil and salt. Melt over low heat, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and fold in cereal, gently turning the mixture until completely coated (you can also pour the melted marshmallow over the cereal in a large bowl; it’s sometimes easier to get an even coating this way).
- Press into prepared pan with oiled hands, pressing lightly to flatten into an even layer, but not too hard as you don’t want to compress the cereal too much. Sprinkle with sea salt. Let sit for 30 minutes or so, then cut into squares (I recommend oiling your knife as well for the cleanest cuts).
- Treats can be stored, lightly covered in the refrigerator, for up to three days, but are best enjoyed within a day or two of making them.
- For more fabulous New Year Hors D'oeuvres and other delicious recipes to start 2023 well, head on over to our bountiful recipe section now!