Welcome The New Year With Fun And Healthy Party Food
Planning party food for the new year? Start the new year as you wish to go on by preparing tasty treats with healthy ingredients like a quality extra virgin olive oil.
There is a whole range of party food recipes that you can make using this flavorful, healthy olive oil as a substitute for other saturated fats. Forget greasy snacks – olive oil is packed with essential fatty acids, antioxidants and vitamins that are great for your health! From easy-to-make savory dishes such as zucchini fries and roasted peppers to sweet treats like fruit salad infused with lemon and honey, you can whip up tasty party food with olive oil in no time! Have fun experimenting with flavors this new year season. Here are some easy and satisfying go-to recipes to get you started.
These baked zucchini fries from Iheartnaptime are loaded with flavor and a crispy parmesan topping. They make the perfect side dish for any meal. Plus, with a splash of extra virgin olive oil to make them nice and crispy, they’re healthy too!
Baked Zucchini Fries Recipe
- 2 medium zucchinis (unpeeled, washed and dried)
- 3 Tablespoons Morocco Gold Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt (more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (more to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil for easy clean up and spray with non-stick spray.
- Remove the ends of the zucchini and then slice in half. Then slice each half into 4-5 wedges. Place onto the baking sheet close together. Drizzle the extra virgin olive oil over the top. Next mix the parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder and pepper into a small bowl. Sprinkle over top of the zucchini. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender, flipping halfway through. When you check on them, use a paper towel to absorb any extra liquid in the pan if needed. Broil for 3 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Remove wedges from the oven and season with more parmesan, herbs, salt and pepper if desired. Enjoy them while they’re hot! These are best served immediately.