We’ll share some recipes for delicious, healthy meals that all come in under 500 calories. So, whether you’re looking for a low-calorie dinner option or just want to add some healthy Mediterranean flavours to your meal plan, these healthy recipes are sure to please.
Low calorie cooking with olive oil doesn’t need to be dull and tasteless. There are plenty of tasteful dishes using olive oil that are low on calories and high on flavour. When it comes to combining classic Mediterranean flavours with the best extra virgin olive oil in under 500 calories, this Fettuccine with Garlic and Olive Oil from under500calories.com ticks all the boxes! If you want to add some meat to a dish that comes in under 500 calories, our spaghetti meatballs recipe is a great choice.
Main Meal Recipes Under 500 Calories
Fettuccine With Garlic and Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Morocco Gold extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic gloves peeled & chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsley chopped
- Freshly ground pepper
- Smoked paprika & parmesan for garnish
- To make pasta, either build a well out of flour and slowly stir in eggs or mix in a food processor or stand mixer. You want the dough to just barely stick together into a smooth ball, but do not add any more liquid than necessary. Split into two, form into balls, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 30 minutes. Roll out with a pasta roller until thin, then cut into fettuccine (follow manufacturer’s directions for whatever pasta roller you have.) Add pasta to a pot of salted, boiling water and stir to break up. Cook until al-dente, about 4-5 minutes.
- For sauce, heat the oil and garlic over medium heat in a heavy saucepan until the garlic begins to turn pale gold, about 1-2 minutes (Do not burn!). Remove the pan from the heat and add 3/4 of the parsley, salt & pepper to taste.
- Drain the pasta and combine with the sauce in a separate bowl and toss until all the pasta is coated.
- Serve and sprinkle with the remaining parsley, Parmesan, and smoked paprika. Serve immediately.