Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Tomatoes Are The Roast Of The Season!
Brought together in salads for as long as they’ve been produced, Extra Virgin Olive Oil are a fantastic pairing and are at the heart of any Mediterranean Diet.
Just like their Extra Virgin Olive Oil partner, tomatoes are an excellent source of vitamins – both contain vitamin K, which is good for your bones and a single tomato can provide around 40% of the daily recommended minimum of vitamin C.
Make sure you know what type of olive oil you are buying as not all olive oils are made the same! Not only does Morocco Gold Extra Virgin Olive Oil help food to cook it also adds a premium, tasty addition to the dish. High quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil also has the unique ability to draw out and accentuate the taste of whatever you are preparing.
The garlic grilled tomatoes recipe is a hot alternative side dish for the barbecue.
- Roma tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- Garlic, Crushed
- Morocco Gold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Parmesan Cheese
- Cut your tomatoes in half crosswise, season with salt and pepper and brush the cut side with Morocco Gold Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- In a small frying pan add crushed garlic, olive oil and fresh thyme, cook til golden, take off the heat and add in grated parmesan cheese.
- Place your tomato halves cut side down on and oiled grill until you get grill marks,it won't take long. Turn them over gently with tongs or a small spatula then spoon the garlic cheese mixture on top and continue cooking.
- Place the garlic grilled tomatoes on a platter, drizzle with Morocco Gold Extra Virgin Olive Oil and eat at room temperature.