How To Make Your Grilled Meat Sparkle With Morocco Gold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
If your barbeque is out of hiding for the year and you are ready to cook up a storm for your al fresco feast, why not consider using extra virgin olive oil to glaze your food before you show it the heat?
According to Eat this Not That extra virgin olive oil has a lower smoke point than other fats at around 320 degrees Fahrenheit.
However, the more refined the olive oil is, the higher the smoke point is. So, high-quality extra virgin olive oils such as Morocco Gold are the best to use when cooking at high temps.
- 1 ¼ pounds boneless beef strip steak
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped Kalamata olives
- ¼ cup Morocco Gold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup whole unsalted almonds
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- ½ to 1 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Heat a brill to medium-high heat for direct grilling.
- Sprinkle the steak lightly both sides with salt.
- Put the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Grill the steak 4 -5 minutes per side for medium rare, or until cooked to desired taste.
- Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let it rest for 10 minutes, then slice.
- Spoon the olive mixture over the grilled steak and serve.