Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a healthy, versatile cooking oil that can be used in a variety of ways. As well as maximizing the health benefits of the food we eat, saving energy costs as we cook is also welcome!
One of the most popular ways to cook in an energy efficient and healthy way with extra virgin olive oil is in an air fryer. Air fryers are a quick and easy way to cook food, and they can be used to make a variety of dishes. When cooking with olive oil in an air fryer, it is important to use a high-quality extra virgin olive oil. This type of olive oil has a higher smoke point, which means it can be heated to a higher temperature without burning. Additionally, extra virgin olive oil has a richer flavor that will enhance the flavor of your dish. When cooking with an air fryer, it is also important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
This simple classic from Lovefoodnotcooking is one of the best ways to show off your air fryer skills:
Air Fryer Roasted Vegetables With Olive Oil
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 medium potato
- 1 cup chopped butternut squash (yellow squash, or pumpkin)
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/2 head broccoli
- 1 medium red onion
- 3 tablespoons Morocco Gold extra virgin olive oil (or avocado oil)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoning (optional)
- Wash and peel the potatoes, sweet potatoes, and squash. Cut into 1-2 inch chunks and place in a bowl of cold water to soak for 5 minutes
- Wash and peel the remaining vegetables and cut into 1-2 inch chunks.
- Preheat air fryer to 360°F (180°C).
- Drain the soaked vegetables, and pat all the vegetables dry.
- Mix olive oil, salt and seasoning in a large bowl. Add the firm vegetables [Note 2] and toss to coat with the seasoning.
- Place firm vegetables in air fryer basket and air fry for 5 minutes.
- While the firm vegetables are air frying, add the soft vegetables to the oil/seasoning mix and toss to coat.
This will ensure that your food is cooked evenly and safely. Here are some tips for cooking with olive oil and an air fryer:
- Preheat the air fryer before adding any food. This will help to prevent sticking and ensure that your food cooks evenly.
- Add the olive oil to the air fryer basket and then add your food. Make sure that the food is coated evenly with the oil.
- Cook the food according to the recipe or manufacturer’s instructions. Keep an eye on the food as it cooks so that it does not burn.
- Allow the food to cool slightly before serving. This will help to prevent any burning or sticking.