Fancy a bit of a crowd pleaser that takes hardly any time to prepare but tastes like a slice of sunshine? Just like the best extra virgin olive oil, good quality mozzarella is worth every penny.
Mozzarella Ball: Did you know?
Mozzarella, derived from the Southern Italian dialects spoken in Puglia, Campania, Abruzzo, Molise, Basilicata, Lazio, Marche, and Calabria, is the diminutive form of mozza (“cut”), or mozzare (“to cut off”) derived from the method of working. An earlier reference is also often cited as describing mozzarella. Monsignor Alicandri states that in the 12th century the Monastery of Saint Lorenzo, in Capua, Campania offered pilgrims a piece of bread with “mozza”. (Source: Wikipedia.org)
- Morocco Gold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh Parsley
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Just add Morocco Gold extra virgin olive oil, sliced garlic, fresh parsley, balsamic vinegar, oregano, red pepper flakes, and a large pinch of salt to a measuring cup.
- Mix until well combined.
- Add mozzarella balls to a small bowl. Pour extra virgin olive oil mixture over them.
- Pour mozzarella balls and extra virgin olive oil mixture into a shallow dish, serve with crostini and enjoy!
- Try adding Basil or slices of Italian toasted bread to taste.