Good Quality Pasta
Whether it’s Spaghetti, Tagliatelle, Penne or Bucatini, did you know there were 33 types of Italian Pasta to chose from? They all have slightly different flavours and shapes, but you can have a lot of fun experimenting with matching different sauces to each pasta type. Just don’t tell the purest chefs as you may be breaking some gastronomical rule!
Whatever you choose, here is one of the most basic and well-loved sauces which benefits from the simplicity of ingredients, the most important of which (we think!) is extra virgin olive oil.
- 400g spaghetti
- 200ml Morocco Gold extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- A large handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Cook the spaghetti in plenty of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat the extra virgin olive oil in a heavy-based frying pan over a low heat, and fry the garlic for 1-2 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon to spread the flavour through the oil. Add 2 tbsp cooking water to the pan and stir in the chilli and parsley. Season with salt and cook for 3 minutes, mixing occasionally.
- When the spaghetti is ready, drain it quickly so it is still rather wet and add it to the sauce. Gently toss to coat, then leave for a minute over a low heat before serving on hot plates.