the_post_thumbnail('Posts Image'); ?>
This is an easy penne pasta recipe for the lazy days of summer. The pine nuts give a bit of crunch and the Romano (or parmesan) cheese adds a nice saltiness to the pasta.
- 16 ounces of penne pasta
- 2 cloves of grated garlic, chopped
- 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- ¼ cup of grated romano or parmesan cheese
- 1 ounce of pine nuts sautéed in extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt to boil the pasta
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil to boil the pasta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put 2 quarts of water to boil with the teaspoon of salt and oil, then add the pasta.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until ready. (Don’t overcook. Pasta should be tender, but still have “tooth.”)
- Drain pasta and add the grated garlic, oregano, cheese, pine nuts and salt/pepper to taste.
- Prior to serving, add a cup of extra virgin olive oil.