Greek roasted potatoes with Morocco Gold extra virgin olive oil hails from our Mediterranean cousins and adds a spice twist to a classic winter fare. Most people associate Greek cuisine with wide use of vegetables, olive oil, fish and of course wine but the potato, like in other countries is a stable food source.
- 4 large russet potatoes, cut lengthwise into sixths
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lightly packed lemon zest
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 450°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
- Place potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Add all remaining ingredients and toss to coat potatoes.
- Bake until potatoes are well browned and crispy on all sides, turning halfway through, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Take out the Greek roasted potatoes and enjoy with a sprinkle of extra virgin olive oil.