Health Benefits Of Polyphenols In Olive Oil
If you’re looking for a way to enjoy good health, you may want to consider cooking Mediterranean Diet inspired meals rich in polyphenols. Present in the best quality extra virgin olive oils, Polyphenols are plant-based chemicals that offer a range of health benefits, from improving heart health to reducing the risk of cancer. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to cook three delicious and nutritious polyphenol-rich meals. Read on to learn more!
This stunning looking colourful salad from Further Food is a great match for Morocco Gold extra virgin olive oil and all the wonderful polyphenols it brings to the party!
Moroccan Red Cabbage and Carrot Salad
- 1/4 red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint
- 1/4 cup of Morocco Gold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/8 cup fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cumin
- Dash of raw honey
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Mix dressing ingredients together in a glass. Whisk until the dressing is emulsified. Set aside.
- Add all salad ingredients to a bowl. Pour on dressing. Toss. Serve immediately or let the salad ingredients marinade in the dressing for several hours.