Like all the best extra virgin olive oils, Morocco Gold is an incredibly versatile cooking product and can add both taste and nutritional quality to meals in a variety of different ways. This includes finishing cooked dishes, dipping with bread and roasting. Some have even been known to drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil over your ice cream to help bring out the flavour and add to the creamy texture!
But one of the best ways to maximise the flavour and health-giving properties of extra virgin olive oil is to add a splash to your chosen vinaigrette and pour generously over your couscous salad.
Couscous Salad: Why is Couscous Good for you?
Whole-grain couscous is a good source of fibre as described by WebMD. Fibre is good for you in a lot of ways. It can stop your blood sugar from spiking and can keep you fuller longer. It also can help lower cholesterol, which can reduce your chances of heart disease.
We are delighted to announce the arrival of our new 2021 Morocco Gold harvest – which is richer in disease-fighting Polyphenols than ever before. And now is the perfect time to pre-order your new Morocco Gold extra virgin olive oil , which is at its freshest just after harvest. We have worked harder than ever to ensure the perfect balance of Polyphenols to deliver a fresh, fruity flavour while maximising the powerful health benefits.
- 100 g whole grain (or whole wheat) couscous
- 50ml Morocco Gold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ tablespoon light olive oil
- 400 mls water
- ½ red onion (finely chopped)
- 1 courgette (chopped)
- 200g cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 10 pitted kalamata olives (halved)
- 100g feta cheese (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon mint leaves (chopped)
- ½ lemon (juice of)
- 1 clove crushed garlic¼ teaspoon sea salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Boil the water in a bowl and pour in the couscous. Only fill the bowl so that the coucous is soaked.
- Leave for 5-10 minutes.
- Fluff the coucous with a fork and add the couscous salad ingredients.
- Drizzle Morocco Gold Extra Virgin Olive Oil over the couscous salad.