Like all the best extra virgin olive oils, Morocco Gold is an incredibly versatile cooking product and can add both taste and nutritional quality to meals in a variety of different ways. This includes finishing cooked dishes, dipping with bread and roasting. Some have even been known to drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil over your ice cream to help bring out the flavour and add to the creamy texture!
But one of the best ways to maximise the flavour and health-giving properties of extra virgin olive oil is to add a splash to your chosen vinaigrette and pour generously over your salad.
Here are some other wonderful salad choices that are ready and waiting to be brought to life with a splash of Morocco Gold extra virgin olive oil.
Why is Greek Pasta Salad Good For You?
According to Greek City Times, Greek salad is low-calorie and nutrient-dense, also providing you with a healthy dose of vitamins A and C, as well as potassium and iron. It also contains phytonutrients and antioxidants, which reduces the risk of health problems such as heart disease and cancer. This one can be made with or without the pasta, depending on your preference.
- 16 ounces Fusilli Pasta (preferably whole wheat).
- ½ cup Morocco Gold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Cucumber (sliced into half moons, 2 cups)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- ½ red onion (small, thinly sliced)
- 1 cup pitted black olives (sliced)
- 1 green pepper
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 5 ounces feta (crumbled)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Salt (to taste)
- Put the fusilli pasta into a large pan of boiling salted water and boil for 10 minutes.
- Tip the tomatoes, olives and feta into a big bowl, grind lots of black pepper over and then drizzle with Morocco Gold.
- Place the fusillia pasta into the bowl.
- Your greek pasta salad is ready to be served.