It’s that time again. Your much anticipated bottle of Morocco Gold 2021 Harvest has just arrived, and you want some fresh ideas to enjoy the best extra virgin olive oil – the Mediterranean way!
With lots of fruit and vegetables coming into season, Spring is a great time to try out some new recipes to keep your body and mind in good health.
Our latest 2021 Morocco Gold Harvest has produced the lowest acidity level at 0.2% (a key quality indicator), as well as the highest polyphenol count we have achieved to date at 644mg/kg.
So, not only will you be treating your dishes to an updated infusion of Morocco Gold’s unique rich flavour, but your family will benefit from an even higher concentration of polyphenols’ antioxidant superpowers.
Did you know this about flatbreads?
Flatbreads were amongst the earliest processed foods, and evidence of their production has been found at ancient sites in Mesopotamia, ancient Egypt, and the Indus civilization. Source: wikipedia
- 1 batch basic bread dough
- Plain flour, for dusting
- Morocco Gold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- A few sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves picked
- Sea salt
- Follow basic bread recipe. After the dough has doubled in size, you need to knock the air out of it by bashing it around for a minute. Now it's ready to be transformed into pizzas or flatbreads.
- Tear off chunks of the dough and roll out your bread, shaping into slightly irregular oval shape rounds, about 0.5cm thick.
- Lay the grilled flatbreads on the top of an oiled grill an cook them for about 3 minutes. Turn them over and cook for another 3 minutes until they are golden brown, crispy and slightly charred - this will give them a real barbecued flavour.
- Remove the grilled flatbreads from the heat. Mix a couple of splashes of Morocco Gold Extra Virgin Olive Oil with the rosemary leaves and brush (or drizzle) over the hot breads. Sprinkle with salt and serve straight away while still warm.