Dining outside is becoming more appealing and popular all the time, not least because of the time we are spending at home. We may miss out on our much-loved overseas trips this summer but why not place Morocco Gold Extra Virgin Olive Oil centre stage at your Al Fresco home dining table?
With the highest levels of health boosting polyphenols ever found in our oil, the 2021 Harvest is now available for purchase online. You can even get 10% off your next order if you refer a friend. Time to get outdoors for some fun in the sun! Try out our pesto focaccia sandwich recipe. Easy to make and enjoyable to eat.
- 500g Strong White Flour
- 7g fast-action yeast
- 2 tbsp Morocco Gold Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus a little extra
- Small pack basil, leaves picked
- 2 x 125g mozzarella balls
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 3 tbsp green pesto
- Put the flour, yeast and 1 tsp salt in a large bowl, ensuring the yeast and salt don't touch. Pour in 350ml lukewarm water and the olive oil, and bring together with a spoon to form a wet, elastic dough. If using a stand mixer, knead for 5 mins or until the dough stops sticking to the side of the bowl. If kneading by hand, knead for 10 mins on a lightly floured surface.
- Put the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a clean, damp tea towel and leave to rise for 1 hr or until doubled in size.
- Line a 20 x 30cm roasting tin with a piece of crumpled baking parchment. Cut the dough in half and press, as lightly as possible, one half into the roasting tin, stretching it out to fill the tin. Cover with the basil, mozzarella and pine nuts, then spread out the other half of the dough and place on top. Cover and leave to rise for 1 hr or until light and puffy.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 200C/ 180C fan/gas 6. Once risen, press indents with your fingers into the top of the dough. The dough is ready if the indents stay; if they bounce back, leave the dough for longer. Fill the indents with pesto, then sprinkle with a little flaky sea salt and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Bake on the top shelf of the oven for 25-30 mins, without opening the oven door, until golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely. Take to your picnic whole and slice into 10-12 sandwiches when serving.
- Amaze your friends with the pesto focaccia sandwich.