If you want to lighten things up a bit, opting for this simple Fall salad from realfood.tesco.com is a great way to show off the bounteous flavours of the season. The fall is a great time to make the most of nature’s seasonal gifts, many of which will pair beautifully with the rich flavour of a robust extra virgin olive oil.
- 60ml (4 tbsp) Morocco Gold extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 apples, cored and sliced
- 30ml (2tbsp) red wine vinegar
- 1tsp clear honey
- 1 x 250g punnet blackberries
- 2 x 140g packs baby leaf salad
- Heat 3 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the apple slices and cook for 3-5 minutes until golden all over. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Swirl the vinegar and honey into the pan and heat for 30 seconds until bubbling. Add the blackberries, give the pan a shake to warm the berries through, and then remove from the heat.
- In a serving bowl or platter, toss the salad leaves together with the remaining tbsp of oil, then season well. Gently stir through the warm apple slices and blackberries, along with the sauce.
- Serve the simple fall salad to your friends, family and guests.