It’s Super bowl time again and there’s no better occasion for fun and easy snack recipes using extra virgin olive oil to look after the budding quarterbacks in your home team.
Let’s start with this crowd pleaser from Everydaypartymag.com which elevates the humble plate of fries to a whole new level!
Let’s start with Super Fries, Buffalo Cauliflower Bites and Olive Oil Guacamole.
Super Bowl Fries
- 4-5 Russet Potatoes Cut into fries
- 2 C Cooking Oil
- Pinch Salt To taste
- 1 Lb Fajita Steak
- 2 tsp Morocco Gold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 TBS Taco Seasoning
- 3 Avocados Smashed
- 1/2 C Salsa
- 1/2 Diced Onion
- 1 C Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- 1 Juice from 1/2-1 Lime
- 1/2 C Sour Cream
- Fries: Cut potatoes into fries and fry in cooking oil until golden brown. You can do this several days before the party. Just freeze, then reheat in the oven. Optional – use precut fries from the freezer and cook acording to package instructions.
- Toppings Smash 3 avocados and mix with salsa to make gauacamole, set aside.
- Super Fries Turn oven onto broil and allow to pre-heat while you prep the cooked fries.
- Place cooked fries in a cast iron pan.
- Top with shredded cheese, cooked/cut steak, more cheese, and fresh onions.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes until cheese is fully melted.
- Remove the fries from the oven, and top with gaucamole, sour cream, and more onions. One part of your Super Bowl snacks ensemble.