Missing Your Mediterranean Travels? Bring The Flavours Of The Med To Your Table
Like many world-renowned chefs, we at Morocco Gold have been inspired by the tastes of The Mediterranean diet – with its polyphenol rich health benefits and emphasis on vegetables, whole grains, olive oil and seafood. This tasty tuna pasta salad recipe is brought to life with our extra virgin olive oil and can be made very quickly.
Olive Oil – and in particular the best extra virgin olive oil you can find – is one of the best sources of antioxidant polyphenol compounds you can include in your diet. The oil from our latest harvest has a whopping 644mg/kg polyphenol content – our highest ever – meaning that you can be assured every last drop will bring all kinds of benefits to your health.
One of the most family-friendly, quick and simple ways to include a quality extra virgin olive oil in your diet is to knock up a fresh pasta salad combining your favourite Mediterranean foods for an instant health hit.
Here is one of our favourites – which can be altered by swapping the tuna with a oily fish of your choice.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil Used By Top Chefs
And, for added value to our wonderful Morocco Gold lovers, here are some words of wisdom from the top chefs who would not be without a bottle of quality extra virgin olive oil in their store cupboard:
“I love fresh citrus and always keep lemons, limes, and oranges on hand; they come in handy for spritzing up quickly grilled meats, seafoods, and vegetables, especially when followed up by a quick drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.”Emeril Lagasse
“I always have a good quality extra virgin olive oil. A cheap quality oil will end up cheapening your dishes. And I love sweetening my dishes with maple syrup. It has a bit of a bitter kick at the end that works wonderfully in savoury dishes.”Nadia Giosia
- 16 ounces spiral pasta
- 1 head fresh broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 head fresh cauliflower, chopped in to bite size pieces
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 8 ounces pepperoni slices, cut in to quarters
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut in to cubes
- 6 ounces large pitted black olives, drained and sliced½ cup Morocco Gold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Italian seasoning to taste
- To start making your tuna pasta salad start by bringing a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place pasta in the pot, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and chill 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Toss chilled pasta with the broccoli, cauliflower, red onion, garlic, pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, olives, olive oil, and red wine vinegar. Season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Chill in the refrigerator until serving.
- Couldn’t be easier, right? Appreciate the healthy tuna pasta salad.