Combine Health And Comfort With These One Pot Wonders
Fall is here and so are all the classic seasonal vegetables like squash and apples. If you’re looking to create a delicious yet healthy one-pot dinner on a busy weeknight, put your extra virgin olive oil to work with these beauties!
With its rich health benefits and endless flavor possibilities, extra virgin olive oil can be used for anything from sautéing your favorite veggies to adding irresistible richness and depth of flavor to stews or casseroles.
In this blog post, we’ll explore why using extra virgin olive oil in autumnal one pot meals is beneficial not only for your taste buds but also for your overall health – get ready for your new go-to Autumn dinner tonight!
This creamy pot of joy from eatingwell.com is a one of the one pot dinners you can start with and guaranteed to warm you up from the inside.
Creamy Chicken, Brussels Sprouts & Mushrooms One Pot Pasta
- 2 tablespoons Morocco Gold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 ounces whole-wheat linguine or spaghetti
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups sliced Brussels sprouts
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Boursin cheese
- 1 ¼ teaspoons dried thyme
- ¾ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Combine pasta, chicken, mushrooms, Brussels sprouts, onion, garlic, Boursin cheese, thyme, rosemary and salt in a large pot with extra virgin olive oil. Stir in water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil, stirring frequently, until the pasta is cooked and the water has almost evaporated, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with chives.
Enjoy these one pot dinners? For more inspiration on how to combine your Morocco Gold extra virgin olive oil with the season tastes of Autumn, check out our abundant source of recipes here.