Healthy Comfort Dishes That Bring Out Your Olive Oil Flavours
As the temperature starts to drop and crisp autumn air surrounds us, it’s time for comfort foods an what better way to enjoy this season than with a plate of delicious pasta made with extra virgin olive oil? Not only does Extra Virgin Olive Oil give food an amazing flavor, but it has many health benefits as well.
In this blog post, we’ll explore how you can use Extra Virgin Olive Oil to make seasonal recipes that will nourish your body and warm your soul. From Courgette Lasagne to a of Chanterelles, let’s dive into these delectable dishes and uncover the amazing flavors of fall!
Creamy Courgette Lasagne
- 9 dried lasagne sheets
- 1 tbsp Morocco Gold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 700g courgette (about 6), coarsely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g tub ricotta
- 50g cheddar
- 350g jar tomato sauce for pasta
- Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. Put a pan of water on to boil, then cook the lasagne sheets for about 5 mins until softened, but not cooked through. Rinse in cold water, then drizzle with a little oil to stop them sticking together.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan, then fry the onion. After 3 mins, add the courgettes and garlic and continue to fry until the courgette has softened and turned bright green. Stir in 2/3 of both the ricotta and the cheddar, then season to taste. Heat the tomato sauce in the microwave for 2 mins on High until hot.
- In a large baking dish, layer up the lasagne, starting with half the courgette mix, then pasta, then tomato sauce. Repeat, top with blobs of the remaining ricotta, then scatter with the rest of the cheddar. Bake on the top shelf for about 10 mins until the pasta is tender and the cheese is golden.
Creamy Courgette Lasagne:
This hearty dish from bbcgoodfood.com is a guaranteed meat free autumnal crowd pleaser. We have swapped in extra virgin olive oil instead of sunflower oil for an extra boost of polyphenol power!
Roasted Garlic Butternut Squash Pasta:
Nothing quite says Autumn like butternut squash and this mouth-watering number from HalfBakedHarvest.com is bound to take the edge of those cooler evenings.
Fricassee Of Chanterelles With Extra Virgin Olive Oil:
This Fricassee of Chanterelles from BonAppetit.com is a stunning choice for those who find themselves with an abundance of tasty mushrooms this Fall.