Inspiration For Your Immune Boosting Olive Oil Diet
At Morocco Gold, we love to show off just how versatile your bottle of the best extra virgin olive oil can be. And here is a great example of how it can take centre stage in an immune boosting feast for your eyes and digestive system.
This energy boosting Freekah and Roasted Beetroot Salad from Delicious.com is a stunner!
- 10 baby beetroot, stalks trimmed, scrubbed
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Morocco Gold extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 11/2 cups (250g) freekeh, rinsed, drained
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 red onion, sliced into rings
- 2 tbs finely chopped pickled jalapeno
- 1/2 cup (80g) almonds, chopped
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves picked
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place each beetroot in the middle of a piece of foil, drizzle with oil, then enclose in foil and place on a baking tray.
- Roast for 25 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven and set side to cool completely. Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of water to the boil over medium-high heat.
- Add the freekeh and cook for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool. To make the dressing, combine garlic, honey, cumin and remaining 1/4 cup (60ml) oil in a bowl. Season.
- Combine the freekeh, beetroot, onion, jalapeno, almonds and coriander in a large bowl. Drizzle over dressing to serve.
For more examples of healthy olive oil recipes head on over to our dedicated recipe pages for no end of kitchen inspiration.
Olive oil is a versatile ingredient that can help to boost your immune system and make your recipes more delicious. So next time you’re cooking, be sure to reach for the olive oil!