Taking care of the microbes in our guts is one of the best ways to keep our digestive system working well and protect our immune system. That means packing as many fresh fruit and vegetables, whole grains and Mediterranean staples like Extra Virgin Olive Oil into our cooking as we can. Our salad bowl is a perfect tonic for the digestive system.
Recent studies have shown that people who ate diets rich in plant-based foods and fish – akin to the famous Mediterranean diet – had higher collections of inflammation fighting bacteria in their guts.
But perhaps you need some new inspiration to bring those bacteria busting plant-based foods to life? Well, we at Morocco Gold are very happy to oblige with a selection of our favourite Microbiome friendly recipes.
And, don’t forget, our new harvest of extra virgin olive oil is now available to purchase – meaning you can treat your meals to the freshest flavour direct from our olive groves in the foothills of Morocco’s Atlas Mountains.
- 2 Bunches Kale
- 1 Bunch Red Kale
- 1 Cup Chickpeas
- ¾ Cup Broccoli Microgreens
- ¾ Cup Blueberries
- ½ Cup Fermented Beets & Cabbage
- ½ Cup Pistachios
- 3oz Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3oz Morocco Gold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ Tablespoon Garlic, minced.
- Use a knife to de-stem the kale. Tear into bite-sized pieces and evenly distribute among four meal prep containers.
- Arrange the other salad toppings on top of the kale.
- In a small jar with a lid, add the lemon juice, Morocco Gold Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and minced garlic. Stir well to combine.
- Divide among four dressing containers, then seal. Add to the salad container and seal the salad with its lid.
- Store the salad bowl in the refrigerator up to 4 days.