Recipes That Boost Your Fiber The Mediterranean Way
- Fiber is a vital component of a healthy diet.
- The Mediterranean Diet Is High In Fiber.
- Baking with extra virgin olive oil is a great way to enjoy mediterranean diet health benefits.
- Enjoy these simple high fiber recipes with extra virgin olive oil.
Baking recipes that are high in fiber is a great way to get the health benefits of a Mediterranean Diet. The Mediterranean diet is known for its many health benefits, including reducing the risk of heart disease, stroke, and cancer.
A key component of the Mediterranean diet is eating foods that are high in fiber. Fiber is important for good gut health and helps to promote regularity. It can also help to lower cholesterol and blood pressure levels. When baking recipes that are high in fiber, it is important to use healthy ingredients such as extra virgin olive oil and whole wheat flour.
Here are some tempting and nutritious Mediterranean baking recipes which are high in fiber.
This delightful and simple recipe from FullyMediterranean.com is a great, high fiber snack choice for the Fall.
Apple & Olive Muffins
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup Morocco Gold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 4 apples peeled, and cut into ¼" dice such as honey crisp, pink lady, or fuji
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a muffin tin with extra virgin olive oil cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine the eggs and sugar in a bowl. Mix using a hand or electric mixer on medium speed for 2-3 minutes until pale yellow color. Add the oil and mix until well incorporated.
- Whisk the flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder together in a large mixing bowl. Slowly add the flour mixture to the batter and mix on low.
- Add the vanilla, applesauce and diced apples and continue to mix on low until just combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffins cups and bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to rest for 10 minutes in pan, then remove and let cool fully on rack.
- Muffins may be frozen for up to 1 month.