Whip up this easy recipe for a simple, warming lunch – roasted vine tomato soup with toasted sourdough. Tomatoes are a great source of vitamin C and have many health benefits, including reduced risk of heart disease and cancer. With the presence of autumn and colder days we hope our vine tomato soup will provide a good source of warmth.
- 25ml Morocco Gold extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and diced
- 4 - 6 sprigs of thyme
- 800g vine tomatoes, various sizes, large tomatoes, halved, small ones left whole
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 1 small bunch basil
- Pinch caster sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 50ml Morocco Gold extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- Pre heat the oven to 200c.
- Place the tomatoes, shallots, garlic and thyme onto a roasting tray. Drizzle over the olive oil and roast for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place in a blender. Add the stock, the sugar and basil then blitz until smooth.
- Place in a pan over a low heat to warm the soup, then season.
- Drizzle the bread with oil and toast. When toasted, rub with garlic.
- Pour the soup into bowls, drizzle with oil and garnish with basil leaves.
- Your vine tomato soup should be ready!