Enjoy The Last Al Fresco Dining Of The Summer With Morocco Gold
Extra virgin olive oil is a delicious and healthy way to add flavor to seafood. The health benefits of olive oil include reducing inflammation, lowering cholesterol, and improving heart health. When cooking seafood, olive oil helps to lock in moisture and prevent the fish from drying out. It also gives the seafood a nice crust when seared or grilled.
There are many summer recipes that pair well with extra virgin olive oil. A simple grilled salmon is delicious when drizzled with olive oil and lemon juice. Shrimp skewers are also a fantastic option, and they can be served with a dipping sauce made from olive oil and your favorite herbs. For a light and healthy lunch, try a cold pasta salad made with olive oil, diced tomatoes, and fresh basil. No matter what you’re serving, extra virgin olive oil will help you create a delicious and healthy meal.
Here are some great ways to bring out the flavour of your fresh seafood with the best extra virgin oil around:
This perfectly simply treatment for shrimps from NY Times shows of the pairing of olive oil and fresh seafood to its very best!
Shrimp Bathed In Olive Oil And Lemon
- ¾cup Morocco Gold extra-virgin olive oil, plus more as needed
- ¼cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 1 to 2 lemons)
- 2pounds medium-large shrimp (about 26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined (tails optional)
- Flaky sea salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 large pinch freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Torn or sliced crusty bread, for serving
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, preferably not too deep, so you can watch the shrimp as they cook. Pour the olive oil and lemon juice into a baking or serving dish, preferably a white one to show off the colors of the finished dish.
- Working in a few batches to prevent overcooking, boil the shrimp over high until just firm and opaque, 2 to 3 minutes, removing them to a colander with a slotted spoon. When all the shrimp are cooked, transfer them to the olive oil-lemon bath and gently mix to coat. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. The shrimp should be just covered with liquid; pour in more oil as needed. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Just before serving, taste and adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with bread, spooning some liquid over each serving.
Seafood is a delicious and healthy option for your next outdoor meal. When cooking seafood, use a high-quality extra virgin olive oil to enhance the flavor and enjoy the health benefits too. Look for an olive oil that is cold-pressed and has a fruity taste. Pair it with fresh lemon juice or herbs like parsley or basil to create a tasty dish that’s perfect for summertime dining. What are you waiting for? Get outside and start cooking!
For more inspiration for al fresco cooking with extra virgin olive oil and seafood, why not try this Moroccan Seafood Pastilla from our own recipe collection.