Fresh Inspiration For Healthy Keto Meals This Spring
At Morocco Gold, we think Spring is a great time to explore new ways to incorporate healthy Mediterranean recipes into your Keto diet plan. So, here we are bursting with inspiring new recipes which make the most of your bottle of premium extra virgin olive oil.
This colourful meal from Better Homes & Gardens is a great choice for breakfast or lunch and combines the low carb needs of a Keto diet with some of the freshest Mediterranean flavours around.
If you are new to the Keto diet we have more information about it in our post about getting started with the Keto diet.
Crab and Asparagas Fritatta With Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 eggs
- ⅓ cup milk
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1tablespoon snipped fresh tarragon or basil
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon Morocco Gold extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cup bias-cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)*
- 2 tablespoon water
- 6 ounce fresh or canned lump crab meat, drained, flaked, and cartilage removed
- ⅓ cup bottled roasted red sweet peppers, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoon snipped fresh Italian parsley
- bottled hot sauce (optional)
- Step 1 Preheat broiler. In a bowl whisk togetherthe first six ingredients (through salt).
- Step 2 Heat oil in a large broilerproof skillet over medium heat; add the onion and garlic. Cook 2 minutes. Add asparagus and the water. Cover and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until asparagus is tender. Drain and discard any liquid remaining in the skillet.
- Step 3 Evenly sprinkle the crab and roasted peppers over asparagus. Pour egg mixture over vegetables and crab in skillet. Cook over medium heat. As mixture sets, run a spatula around edge of skillet, lifting egg mixture so uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking and lifting edges until egg mixture is almost set (surface will be moist).
- Step 4 Place skillet under the broiler 4 to 5 inches from heat.Broil 1to 2 minutes or until top is just set. (Or preheat oven to 400°F; bake about 5 minutes or until top is set.)
If you’re looking for a way to stick to your keto diet and still enjoy delicious flavours, look no further than Mediterranean cuisine! Combining the health-minded focus of this popular diet with the unique flavors from cultures across the Mediterranean Sea, we’ve compiled a selection of recipes that will wow your taste buds with enough variety so that you never feel bored or deprived. Let’s dive into these amazing new dishes!
For more top tips on how to get started with The Keto Diet, check out our earlier blog post here. And for more recipe inspiration to make the best use of your bottle of Morocco Gold, have a look around our recipe pages here.