How to make extra virgin olive oil part of your daily lifestyle routine to maximise health benefits
Extra virgin olive oil is renowned for being an essential component of a healthy lifestyle. This pure and natural oil is derived from the initial cold-pressing of olives, making it ideal for cooking and dressing salads. It is teeming with polyphenols, which are powerful natural antioxidants that promote overall well-being. By incorporating this remarkable oil into your routine, you can enjoy a myriad of advantages, including reducing inflammation, lowering blood pressure, and enhancing heart health. If you’re seeking a simple yet delectable way to boost your overall health, look no further than making extra virgin olive oil a staple in your diet.
Make Extra Virgin Olive Oil a Vital Part of a Mediterranean Diet
The renowned Mediterranean diet, revered for its health benefits, places extra virgin olive oil at its core. Embracing this diet, which includes extra virgin olive oil, is a highly effective approach to enjoying the manifold health benefits of a balanced, healthy lifestyle. But are there other ways of obtaining the health benefits from your extra virgin olive oil?
Can You Drink Extra Virgin Olive Oil Straight?
You might have heard anecdotes about individuals in the Mediterranean region consuming 1/4 cup (60 ml) of olive oil every morning, and this practice has become somewhat popular beyond the region. If you’re contemplating taking up the habit of drinking extra virgin olive oil on its own, here are some useful tips to get you started:
- Begin with a smaller amount, such as one to three teaspoons or a “shot.” This should provide you with the health benefits without causing stomach upset.
- While you can drink olive oil at any time, many prefer to do it in the morning, either before breakfast on an empty stomach or shortly after. Pay close attention to your body’s reaction to determine what works best for you.
- Always opt for extra virgin olive oil when consuming it for health benefits. This premium-quality oil contains higher amounts of healthy fats and antioxidants compared to refined olive oils, ensuring maximum health benefits.
- Choose reputable brands like Morocco Gold, who transparently disclose the harvesting process, location, and date. By consuming the olive oil before its “best before” date, you can savor the freshest quality. At Morocco Gold, we not only provide our harvest dates but also share the results of our annual analysis on each bottle of our extra virgin olive oil.
Benefits of Taking Extra Virgin Olive Oil daily
Extra virgin olive oil has many different health benefits, including:
- Cardiovascular health: Extra virgin olive oil contains two types of healthy fats, monounsaturated fat and polyunsaturated fat, both of which help reduce bad cholesterol levels and, in turn, lower the risk of heart disease and strokes.
- Digestive health: Olive oil lubricates the intestinal tract and may also help reduce the production of gastric acid.
- Inflammation relief: Extra virgin olive oil contains oleocanthal, an antioxidant with significant anti-inflammatory properties.
- Blood sugar stabilization: Olive oil can help reduce glycemic response to high-glycemic foods, which, in turn, can help manage Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes.
- Healthy skin and hair: Extra virgin olive oil is high in both vitamin E and vitamin K, both of which are essential for maintaining healthy skin and hair.
- Constipation relief: Consuming olive oil may help soften stool and relieve constipation.
Revitalize your well-being with the health-boosting properties of extra virgin olive oil in your daily routine. Experience the rich flavors and endless benefits it offers.