Keep It Simple, Healthy And Mediterranean With The Best Olive Oil Around
Are you looking for a delicious and healthy mid-week dinner dish that won’t take up too much time? If so, pasta dishes with a quality extra virgin olive oil are the way to go!
Not only do they taste yummy, but their health benefits are off the charts. High in fiber and vitamins, this is sure to become your favourite way of making healthy meals in a hurry. Plus, extra virgin olive oil adds some really nice flavor notes that will have everyone asking what’s on the menu!
When it comes to choosing something simple, health boosting and ideal for extra virgin olive oil lovers, there’s no better choice than this cherry tomato pasta with homemade tomato sauce from In The Know by Yahoo. The best part about this recipe is that it only takes 20 minutes to cook, so it’s perfect for a no-fuss weeknight dinner. Here’s how to make this tomato pasta dish:
Cherry Tomato Pasta With Homemade Tomato Sauce And Olive Oil
- ⅓ cup Morocco Gold extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups cherry tomatoes, divided
- 2 ½ tablespoons capers
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounces bucatini pasta, cooked
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ cup fresh basil
- Pour extra virgin olive oil into a pan over medium-high heat. Add in garlic and cook until fragrant. Then, add in 3 cups of the cherry tomatoes, capers, lemon zest, balsamic vinegar and red pepper flakes, then stir to combine. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Add in the remaining three cups of cherry tomatoes, pasta, parmesan cheese and basil, and stir to combine.
- Top with more parmesan cheese to serve.
So let’s get creative – read on to find out our favourite mid-week pasta recipes using extra virgin olive oil – a nutritional powerhouse of an ingredient.