Halloween is a great time to cook up healthy treats with extra virgin olive oil.
Are you ready to amaze your ghoulish guests and satisfy your scary skeletons with some healthy and delicious treats? Look no further than extra virgin olive oil for a boost of winter goodness in your Halloween favorites.
This tempting treat from TastyMediterranean is bound to keep sweet teeth (vampire or otherwise) happy!
Jam Filled Olive Oil Biscuits
- 100mls Morocco Gold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 100g Unrefined sugar
- 2 Free-range egg yolks
- 300g Oat Flour
- 6 Teaspoons of Chosen Jam
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C (350 degrees F).
- In a large bowl mix the Morocco Gold Extra Virgin Olive Oil, the salt, the vanilla extract and the unrefined sugar and beat in the 2 egg yolks until combined.
- Add the oat flour and mix it all well until dough is formed. Using your hands knead gently and create two balls of dough.
- Place one of the balls of dough over baking paper and cover it with another piece of baking paper. Roll out the dough with the help of a rolling pin to the thickness of 1€ coin (approx. O.5cm). Using a cookie cutter cut out as many biscuits as possible but keeping them slightly apart. Knead the trimmings back together and roll them out again using the same method with the baking paper. Repeat the same process with the other ball of dough.
- Once you have cut out all the biscuits just move the baking papers containing the biscuits to two baking trays. You may like to work directly over the baking paper as it avoids the risk of breaking them when moving them to the baking tray.
- If you do not have a cookie cutter for designing circles in the biscuits, with the help of a sharp knife, just cut out small circles or the shapes you want on half of the biscuits.
- Bake the biscuits for 8 minutes at 175 degrees C (350 degrees F). Remove them from the oven very carefully, so that they don't crack, and place them on a cooling rack to allow them to cool completely.
- Place a teaspoon of the strawberry jam onto the center of each of the biscuits that do not have a circle or other cut out, and sandwich them with each of the stamped out biscuits.
- You can add a dusting of icing sugar at the end. You have completed your spooky recipe.
A Spooky Recipe With The Halloween Health Benefits of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Not only is olive oil incredibly healthy, but it also adds a burst of flavor to your dishes. Choosing a cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil as your main fat source can provide a wide range of health benefits. And don’t worry, Halloween is all about enjoyment too! Trust us, the unique flavor of a quality, single-sourced extra virgin olive oil is hard to beat when it comes to premium taste. We have other non spooky recipes that you might like to follow in our recipe section.