the_post_thumbnail('Posts Image'); ?>
- 1 lb Squid or Calamari
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small head fresh Garlic - minced (never from a jar)
- Lemon Wedges
- Flat Leaf Parsley - finely or roughly chopped
- Kosher Salt or Fine Sea Salt & freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
- Since hopefully your fishmonger has already cleaned the squid / calamari for you, begin by rinsing them in cold water and drying them thoroughly. Cut them into 1 inch rings, and then dry them again.
- Mince the garlic. Chop the parsley.
- In a large pan on medium high heat, add the extra virgin olive oil. When the oil is hot add the calamari and minced garlic, and sauté them until the calamari are just firm. This step does not take long at all. (Do not overcook them, as the garlic becomes bitter and the calamari becomes rubbery).
- Remove the pan from the heat and add salt and pepper to taste.
- When you serve them, add the chopped flat leaf parsley and lemon wedges on the side.
- Enjoy with a crusty baguette or any type of grilled bread you like.
- Enjoy the fresh Sauteed Calamari