Demonstrating it’s unique versatility, here are some further uses for the sumptuous Morocco Gold extra virgin olive oil. We shown how to cook your Thanksgiving turkey, Thanksgiving stuffing, turkey sauce, vegetable dishes and using Morocco Gold on ice cream.
Rich, fudgy and intense Olive Oil and Cocoa Brownies are easy to make and loaded with chocolate flavor.Cacao nibs are a delicious superfood ingredient that adds extra crunch to the tops of the brownies..
- 1/2 cup (70 g) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (80 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups (300 g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Morocco Gold extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (125 g) cacao nibs, optional
- Heat oven to 325 degrees with a rack positioned in the center.
- Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with olive oil. Cut a piece of parchment to fit just the bottom of the dish and oil that too.
- Sift the flour, cocoa and salt into a bowl ( a mesh strainer is perfect for this job).
- Beat the eggs in the bowl of a heavy duty mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on medium speed for a minute. Increase speed to medium-high while adding the sugar 1/2 cup at at time. Beat until the eggs are pale, thick and creamy.
- Decrease mixer speed and slowly add the oil in a thin stream, as if you were making an emulsion like mayonnaise. Add the vanilla extract.
- Stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture in 3 or 4 additions until just incorporated, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle the cacao nibs over the top, if using.
- Bake 30- 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies emerges with some moist crumbs.
- Cool the pan completely on a rack before cutting into serving pieces.
- Prep Time 15 mins
- Cook Time 35 mins
- Total Time 50 mins