A simple heart healthy recipe using best olive oil – Morocco Gold extra virgin olive oil
Updated 16th August 2022
In recent years, the popularity of Mediterranean-style cuisine has grown exponentially. One dish that has become a particular favourite is chicken cooked in extra virgin olive oil. This cooking method not only imparts a delicious flavour to the chicken, but it also provides a number of health benefits. Extra virgin olive oil is widely considered to be the best type of olive oil, as it is made from the first cold pressing of olives and contains no chemicals or other additives. In addition, extra virgin olive oil is rich in antioxidants and heart-healthy fatty acids. As a result, it can help to lower cholesterol levels, reduce inflammation, and improve cognitive function. Given all of these benefits, it’s no wonder that extra virgin olive oil has become such a popular cooking ingredient among health-conscious individuals.
Mediterranean chicken is a healthy and flavourful dish that is often made with extra virgin olive oil. Olive oil is a healthy fat that can help to improve blood cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease. It is also a good source of antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties. Extra virgin olive oil is the best type of olive oil to use in cooking, as it has the highest level of antioxidants and the lowest level of acidity. When choosing an olive oil for cooking, be sure to select one that is cold-pressed and has a strong, fruity flavour.
Mediterranean chicken is a great recipe to make with extra virgin olive oil because the oil helps to keep the chicken moist and adds a delicious flavour. Chicken is a lean protein that is low in saturated fat and high in healthy omega-3 fatty acids. When paired with extra virgin olive oil, Mediterranean chicken makes for a healthy and flavourful meal.
Do you want to enjoy a delicious and healthy chicken dish that is perfect for any occasion? If so, then you will want to try this Mediterranean chicken recipe. The dish is made with fresh ingredients, such as olive oil, lemon juice, paprika and oregano. It is sure to please everyone who gets to taste it.
Chicken breasts contain no sugar or starch (unless they are prepared with breading or seasonings), so they have no carbohydrates. The estimated glycemic load of chicken breast is zero. For those who wish to follow a healthy Mediterranean diet, chicken breast is a great source of lean protein (protein without a lot of accompanying fat). People who eat enough protein are more likely to maintain muscle mass and preserve a healthy metabolism. Since chicken breasts are versatile and relatively inexpensive, they are a useful food to include in a balanced, healthy eating plan.
Skinless chicken breast contains a small amount of fat, less than 3 grams. It is mostly unsaturated fat (there is less than 1 gram of saturated fat in a 3-ounce portion of skinless chicken breast).
If you keep the skin on your chicken breast, the fat, calorie, and protein counts will all be higher. A 3-ounce (85g) serving of roasted, broiled, or baked chicken breast with skin on provides 166 calories, 6.6 grams fat, and 25 grams protein.
Chicken breasts are a good source of lean protein. For people who eat meat, consuming chicken is a simple way to meet some of your body’s protein needs without also consuming a lot of fat. Depending on the cooking method you choose, chicken breasts are also naturally low in sodium. Chicken breast is a very good source of selenium, phosphorus, vitamin B6, and niacin.
The low-fat protein found in chicken breast can offer many important advantages, making this food a helpful addition to many eating plans.
Protein helps your body maintain muscle mass and also helps build muscle in conjunction with a strength training programme. Scientists and doctors once believed that a diet high in animal protein could reduce bone density and increase the risk of broken bones. However, more recent research shows that protein works with calcium to help protect bones.
Consuming protein helps you feel full, which can help reduce food cravings and prevent overeating. One small study of overweight men on reduced-calorie diets, for example, found that those who ate more protein showed “improved appetite control and satiety.
Mediterranean chicken lashed with Morocco Gold extra virgin olive oil and garnished with a fresh salad of tomatoes. Easy to prepare and best left to marinade for a least a couple of hours to allow the juices infuse the chicken.
Mediterranean Chicken Recipe With Olive Oil
- 8 Chicken Thighs
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oi to sear the chicken
- Freshly chopped Parsley, to garnish
- 4 tbsp of Morocco Gold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 teaspoons of Sweet Paprika
- 2 teaspoons of Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground Pepper
- 4 tbsp of Morocco Gold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tbsp of Lemon Juice
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- Place the chicken either in a dish that can accommodate all the pieces or in a ziplock bag
- In a bowl, combine all the spice mixture ingredients and mix well
- Rub the chicken with the spices all over
- In a separate bowl, combine extra virgin olive oil with lemon juice
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and distribute evenly to make sure that all the pieces are well covered with the spices and the marinade
- Marinate the Mediterranean chicken in a refrigerator for at least 20 minutes, or up to 8 hours
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Preheat an oven-proof skillet and once hot, add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Add the chicken, skin side down, and do not move it for 7-8 minutes (until nicely seared and browned)
- Flip the chicken and cook for another 5 minutes
- Transfer the skillet into a hot oven and cook the chicken for 20-25 minutes, until the internal temperature shows 165F
- Carefully remove the skillet from the oven (using oven-proof gloves)
- Place the Mediterranean chicken on a serving plate and spoon over the finishing sauce on all the chicken pieces
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve