At our tasting events, as well as being asked about the nutritious benefits of our extra virgin olive oil, we have also been asked about the health benefits of using olive oil as a hair treatment. The following will give some answers:
- Olive oil does encourage hair growth: it reduces hair loss by preventing the hormone dihydrotestosterone, or DHT, from binding to the scalp, and olive oil contains antifungal properties and moisturizer that stimulate hair production, too.Olive oil helps make hair roots stronger and contributes to making hair shinier and softer as well. Olive oil acts as a natural conditioner and delivers moisture to the scalp as well as hair strands.
- In addition to moisturizing agents, olive oil contains antibacterial properties that help fight common skin conditions, such as lice and dandruff, that also impact the quality of hair. While all olive oils produce benefits for hair, extra virgin olive oil is the least processed and the purest form of olive oil
- Olive oil provides important nutritional benefits for humans and also helps to improve the quality of human hair. Olive oil is equally effective for supporting hair nutrition when applied topically and when ingested.
- Regardless of whether using olive oil as a dietary supplement or topical treatment to stimulate hair growth, people should use certain types of olive oils, which are high-quality virgin or extra virgin olive oils, to make hair the strongest and healthiest that it can be. These oils are typically ingested or used in smaller quantities, which makes them more cost-effective.
How to Use Olive Oil on Hair
The health benefits of olive oil have been proclaimed for centuries. In fact, olive oil is gaining increasing popularity as an all-natural beauty product. What it does for your body on the inside as a nutritional product, it does for your body on the outside as a beauty aid. When used to condition hair, olive oil adds moisture to both your hair follicles and your tresses. The process to use olive oil on the hair is simple, but the benefits are rewarding.
- Pour 1/2 cup of olive oil into a microwave-safe bowl. Heat it in the microwave for 20 seconds, or until warm.
- Place a towel over your shoulders to protect clothing.
- Put a small amount of olive oil in the palm of your hand and massage it into your hair. If you have a dry scalp, massage a small amount into your roots, as well. Repeat the process of massaging small amounts at a time into the hair until the hair is entirely covered with olive oil.
- Place your hair loosely on your head and cover it with a plastic shower cap.
- Relax for at least 30 minutes while the olive oil is treating your hair.
- Shampoo the olive oil out of your hair with a mild shampoo. Condition your hair with your usual conditioner to re-hydrate strands. Rinse it out completely. You will see that the olive oil treatment makes you hair much softer and much more manageable, as well as gives it some added shine.
There is no end to the amazing qualities of Morocco Gold extra virgin olive oil.